Brad Stolz-Grobusch (Clinical & Counselling Psychologist)
Bradley Stolz-Grobusch (Clinical & Counselling Psychologist)
RN, DipNurs, BA, BN, GradDipDiv, PGDipPsych, MCouns, MPsych(Clin), MAPS, FCCLP, FCCOUNP, MACPA, MACMHN, MACN, CCAA(Clin).
Brad, as he prefers to be called, is a Clinical and Counselling Psychologist, a Psychology Board of Australia approved Supervisor, and a Registered Nurse. He is a Member of the Australian Psychological Society, a Fellow of its Colleges of Clinical and Counselling Psychology, a Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association, a Member of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses, a Member of the Australian College of Nursing, and a Clinical Member of the Christian Counsellors Association of Australia. Brad has had over twelve years of experience as a consulting psychologist and over twenty-five years of experience as a nurse.
Brad has completed a Diploma and Bachelor of Nursing, a Bachelor of Arts, a Graduate Diploma of Divinity, a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology, and Masters degrees in both Clinical Psychology and Counselling. He is currently completing a Masters degree in Mental Health Nursing. During his postgraduate studies, Brad was awarded both national and state prizes for research into the field of trauma. Brad is intensively trained in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), which is a stabilisation-based Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for people with complex trauma.
Brad has studied Christian counselling at Tabor College and has learnt to integrate theological principles in counselling. Brad works on developing a collaborative approach with clients and utilizes evidence-based therapies with thoughtful reflection, prayer, compassion, and sensitivity when helping people recover from mental illness and build lives worth living. At Sovereignty Psychology, Brad is available via telehealth to provide psychological therapy to Adults, Adolescents, Older Adults, Couples and Families. He is also available via telehealth to provide supervision to mental health professionals.
Brad has extensive experience in working with clients who present with:
· Anxiety (e.g., Phobias, Panic, Worry, Social Anxiety)
· Mood Disorders (e.g., Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
· Obsessions & Compulsions (e.g., OCD, trichotillomania)
· Traumatic Stress and Complex Trauma (e.g., PTSD, Abuse, Neglect)
· Dissociative Disorders (e.g., DID, Depersonalization)
· Psychosis (e.g., Voices, Delusions, Paranoia)
· Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
· Self-Harming & Suicidal Behaviours
· Chronic Illness & Chronic Pain Management
· Addictions (e.g., Substance Abuse, Gambling)
· Eating Disorders (e.g., Anorexia, Bulimia, Binging, Obesity)
· Relationship & Parenting Problems
· Behavioural Problems (incl. Anger Problems)
· Workplace Injury & Career Issues
· Shyness & Social Skills Difficulties
· Stress Management & Relaxation
· Self-Esteem & Identity Issues
· Insomnia & Sleep Difficulties
· Attention & Concentration Difficulties
· Ritual/Spiritual/Clergy/Church Abuse
· Grief & Bereavement
· GLBTIQ Concerns
· Life Adjustment Issues
· Caregiver Stress and Burnout
· Geriatric concerns (e.g., ageing and older adults)